Digitization and design for shipping applications
We were awarded several contracts from a major maker of ballast water treatment systems for ships, to deliver increased engineering and design capacity during the peak demand time.
As part of our new portfolio of digitization services, we undertook several reality capture and digitization contracts for ship engine rooms scanning and upgrades. Using modern 3D laser scanners, expert personnel and our extensive BIM libraries, we reconstructed entire engine rooms in 3D and ensured proper and timely design of the new ballast water treatment systems ahead of the new IMO regulations.
Our scope of work included:
• 3D laser scanning of the ship’s engine rooms
• Registration of the point cloud
• Digitization from point cloud to actual intelligent 3D model
• Detailed engineering for equipment, structural and piping design for the installation of the ballast water
• Associated documentation for registers of shipping and ship’s records.
The works were conducted globally, in time and in budget and resulted in more than 50 ships receiving a Pipeserv-designed ballast water treatment system.